Wednesday 6 February 2008

Hello Sockers From Grayslake IL

Hello all!!



I am a long time knitter from Illinois USA. I started making socks about three years ago and have been addicted to them ever since. I have always been a freak for the freaky sock and wish I had taken the plunge years ago learning how to knit them.

My mom used to knit socks for the war effort (WWI) for troups, so by the time I came along she never knit another sock. She always told me the green wool they used was scratchy and ugly, so once the war was over she never made another one. She would be amazed by sock yarn today!


I am natred2 on Ravelry and spending waaaaay too much time there. I have been watching the Hat Attack with some interest but not ready to dive into that particular game. It makes for good reading on those slow nights at work though.

I work as a 911 dispatcher and socks are the only variation I can make to my uniform and retain my special brand of quirkiness while still maintaining the outward public professional image ;)

I am currently working on my first toe up sock and really liking the process. I usually have a sock on the needles, they are the absolute best take along project and can be nicely smuggled into work in my lunch box. This is my first swap and I am really looking forward to it!

No comments: