Wednesday 5 March 2008

'Heavenly' doesn't BEGIN to describe...

Swaps are always a gamble, because you never really know what you're going to get until it arrives; you can put all the care in the world into the package you are to send downstream, but if the person assigned to you is a lazy jerk, then it really sucks to be you.

I am OH SO FORTUNATE that Ruth is the world's most amazing swap pal! I checked my post office box last night and was delighted to find a marvelous little box STUFFED with wonderful goodness.



THREE skeins of yarn, jewley stitch markers and a sock-sized "stitch saver" (which came in a darling little tin), an ADORABLE little bird mirror, and a tiny sheep (who wandered out of the picture...silly sheep)! And coffee (mmm...coffee) and a super trail mix. The blues and greens and plums and teals remind me of a jitterbug yarn I saw a few days ago, which I ALMOST bought, which I think must have been 'dusk' but I'm not entirely sure. And the orangey red yarn on the right is so lovely, too!

I am so giddy with delight that I cannot come up with better adjectives than 'lovely' and 'marvelous' and 'delightful' and 'adorable' and 'wonderful.' And the package is ALL of these things, and more.

Ruth, you are a treasure. I am so lucky you are my swap pal, and I can only hope my downstream pal appreciates me HALF as much.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What if the "lazy" partner tried really hard, and honestly thought they were sending cool stuff, and just didn't hit the mark? :) It can be tough to send just the right things, although it looks like most of us are very happy. I know I am.

5elementknitr said...

I was flipping through the pictures on this blog and thought, oooh! I love the colors in this post! Then I realized it was from me! haha

The mirror is from one of my favorite Etsy sellers: annejulie.

Glad you liked everything!